Offensive Tackle | Texas A&M | Height: 6’5 | Weight: 305 lbs
Quick Hit: Matthews is one of the most complete offensive lineman in the 2014 NFL Draft. He very well could have been a top 10 pick last year if he were to come out, but opted to return for his Senior year. With is technique and frame he will be tough to leapfrog to be the 1st offensive lineman off the board.
- Great NFL bloodlines, son of Hall of Famer Bruce Matthews
- Some of the best technique you’ll see from an offensive lineman coming out of college
- Very quick on his feet, tough to beat on the outside
- Versatile and can play at both right and left tackle, could be a franchise left tackle in the NFL
- Wouldn’t be surprising if he was better than former teammate Luke Joeckel
- Playing in the SEC Matthews gets the chance to go against top competition on a weekly basis
- Top notch at both pass and run blocking
Bottom Line: The A&M offensive tackle is the type of player you can build an entire offensive line around. Could step in day 1 and play either tackle position in the NFL.