Updated April 25th
Bittersweet …. last 2016 Ultimate Mock Draft of the year. Only brightside? That much closer to starting on a 2017 Ultimate. Take in the full 2 rounds below.
1. Los Angeles Rams (From Titans) (Onebar) – Jared Goff QB, CAL
It appears Goff has leapfrogged Wentz as the top quarterback in the class and all signs are pointing to the Rams making him their man at #1.
2. Philadelphia Eagles (From Browns) (Lupagus) – Carson Wentz QB, NDSU
The Eagles moved up the second pick to secure their QB of the future. They are supposedly smitten with Wentz and with Bradford around, they don’t need to rush him into action.
3. San Diego Chargers (Onebar) – Laremy Tunsil OT, Ole Miss
Chargers got a gift when the Rams traded to #1. Allows possibly the best player to fall to pick 3 and fills a huge need.
4. Dallas Cowboys (Lupagus) – Jalen Ramsey CB/S, FSU
The Boys have more pressing needs at pass rusher but Ramsey in my opinion is the best player in this Draft, and you can’t pass that up at pick 4.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars (Onebar) – Joey Bosa DE, Ohio St.
Jags continue to add pieces along the defensive line. Buckner would be a possibility as well but Bosa in my mind has a bit more upside and is a better fit in the Jags defense.
6. Baltimore Ravens (Lupagus) – Myles Jack OLB, UCLA
There have been recent reports about Jack’s knee. It’s too late in the Draftseason to believe any of that rigamaroll. Jack is an elite pass rusher and the Ravens are elated to land him here.
7. San Francisco 49ers (Onebar) – Deforest Buckner DE, Oregon
The 49ers can’t pass up on the talented Buckner falling to 7. San Fran has lost plenty on defense over the past few season and need to continue to add playmakers everywhere.
8. Cleveland Browns (From Eagles) (Lupagus) – Ezekiel Elliott RB, Ohio St.
I’m not a fan of the Browns moving down. They need to get their QB of the future in house and start building around him. But they don’t do that, so instead they get one of the best players in the Draft and have themselves a workhorse back.
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Onebar) – Vernon Hargreaves CB, Florida
I think this is best case for the Bucs, Hargreaves stock has bumped up in the past month and IF he does make it to pick 9, it’s a no-brainer.
10. New York Giants (Lupagus) – Ronnie Stanley OT, Notre Dame
The Giants have beef up their offensive line when Stanley falls to them here. It’s a pretty easy choice for the G-Men.
11. Chicago Bears (Onebar) – Leonard Floyd LB, Georgia
Bears are in desperate need of some pass rushers, and Floyd’s name is hotter than the Lupagus in a two piece right now.
12. New Orleans Saints (Lupagus) – Sheldon Rankins DT, Louisville
The Saints need defense and lots of it. Rankins is the definition of a disruptor and could help this defense out tremendously in year one.
13. Miami Dolphins (From Eagles) (Onebar) – Eli Apple CB, Ohio St.
Apple is my 2nd rated corner and would fill a big ole need for the Fins in the secondary. Pass rusher like Shaq Lawson will also be very tempting at 13.
14. Oakland Raiders (Lupagus) – Reggie Ragland LB, Alabama
The Raiders don’t have to force any needs here and can sit back and take the best player available. Putting Ragland between Mack and Irvin should scare the pants off of any offense the Raiders face.
15. Tennessee Titans (From LA Rams) (Onebar) – Jack Conklin OT, Michigan St.
Talk about a win for the Titans … Not only do they trade back for a plethora of picks, but they get one of the top tackles to go along with it.
16. Detroit Lions (Lupagus) – A’Shawn Robinson DT, Alabama
The Lions could go a few ways here, but gettin a big run stuffing defensive tackle should be near the top of their list.