Behold the DraftSeason Ultimate NFL Mock Draft. The Lupagus and Onebar but heads and take turns making their selections for the 2018 NFL Draft sniping each other left and right.
Updated January 2nd
THINK YOU COULD DO BETTER?
Submit your own mock on DraftSeason.com
1. Cleveland Browns (Onebar) – Josh Rosen QB, UCLA
Whether or not Rosen wants to play for the Browns or not, it isn’t his decision. Fact is the Browns need a quarterback and as of now Rosen is the best of the bunch. I’m not 100% sold on this pick, but if the draft were today I think this would be the pick.
2. New York Giants (Lupagus) – Saquon Barkley RB, Penn St.
The Giants have got to be fairly happy with Orelans Darkwa, but let’s not kid ourselves, he’s not the future. Barkley is something real special, and can make this offense dynamic as hell.
3. Indianapolis Colts (Onebar) – Bradley Chubb DE, NC State
Chubb has racked up 25 sacks for NC State over the past 3 seasons. Indy has had issues along the defensive line and the ability to get to the quarterback for years. A guy like Chubb would be a game changer and a helluva gift to the new coach in Indy.
4. Cleveland Browns (Lupagus) – Derwin James S, FSU
Honestly I’m torn between Fitzpatrick and James as the top safety in this class. For the Browns it doesn’t matter cuz either would be a huge help to this struggling defense.
5. Denver Broncos (Onebar) – Baker Mayfield QB, Oklahoma
When all is said and done I think Mayfield is a top 10 pick. He has all the intangibles to be a great NFL quarterback. Denver needs a quarterback and Mayfield is a guy that could be plugged in day 1.
6. New York Jets (Lupagus) – Sam Darnold QB, USC
The Jets have to land their QB of the future in this Draft. Darnold is still undecided, but it’s decidedly obvious he’d start for this team from day one.
7. Tampa Bay Bucs (Onebar) – Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/S, Alabama
As much as I want to give the Bucs the pass rusher they need and deserve. Fitzpatrick is just too damn good to pass on a 7. The Bucs rank right at the bottom for pass defense, a guy like Fitzpatrick could change that in a jiffy.
8. Chicago Bears (Lupagus) – Quenton Nelson G, Notre Dame
The Bears have to either give Trubes a weapon here or protection. It’s a little high for Ridley so the keep their pretty boy safe instead.
9. Oakland Raiders (Onebar) – Christian Wilkins DT, Clemson
Raiders need help at a handful of spots on the defensive side of the ball, none more glaring than the defensive line. Wilkins is a big boy who can shed blocks and a proven pass rusher in the middle.
10. San Francisco 49ers (Lupagus) – Connor Williams OT, Texas
The 9ers found their QB and the man who is going to be protecting him is pushing middle age. So they land their new left tackle of the future here.
11. Miami Dolphins (Onebar) – Lamar Jackson QB, Louisville
When you are signing Jay Cutler in a desperation move you know quarterback is a need. Jackson is a playmaker who could add a needed spark to the Fins offense. His stock will be one of the more interesting ones to watch as the draft approaches.
12. Cincinnati Bengals (Lupagus) – Roquan Smith LB, Georgia
The Bengals could use some youth at linebacker. Smith is a sideline to sideline tackling machine.
13. Green Bay Packers (Onebar) – Denzel Ward CB, Ohio St.
Even with the selection of Kevin King in ‘17 the Packers defense still has a looooong way to go. Whomever replaces Dom Capers is going to want some shiny new toys, and Ward is about as shiny as you can get.
14. Washington Redskins (Lupagus) – Clelin Ferrell DE, Clemson
This could be a QB if the Skins get rid of Cousins. If they keep him they could look to bolster their defense with Ferrell.
15. Arizona Cardinals (Onebar) – Josh Allen QB, Wyoming
New coach in Arizona will most likely mean some pretty big changes, which should start at the quarterback position. Allen will wow you with his big body and arm, he has the tools to be successful, but his game still needs quite a bit of polishing.
16. Baltimore Ravens (Lupagus) – Calvin Ridley WR, Alabama
This is a perfect situation for the Ravens. They have to upgrade the talent of their wide receivers and landing the best in the Draft at pick 16, is an answered prayer for the franchise.