UPDATED: Feb 9th
2017 NFL Draft Projections
FROM A CORNER OF THE LIVING ROOM SOMEWHERE ON 4TH AVE…
LUPAGUS PRESENTS HIS FIRST OFFICIAL MOCK DRAFT OF THE 2017 DRAFTSEASON!
I Think I’ll Call This Version, Matilda
1. CLEVELAND BROWNS – Myles Garrett DE, Texas A&M
If the Browns fall in love with a QB prospect then they’ll go that route as they should. If they haven’t I guess they grab another piece and hope Garrett is as good as the potential he flashed at TAMU.
2. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS – Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC
The 9ers have one of the ugliest rosters in the league. They need to get their crap together in a hurry. Trubisky is widely seen as the best QB prospect in this year’s crop, so they take him and start building around him.
3. CHICAGO BEARS – DeShone Kizer QB, Notre Dame
The Bears aren’t really that far off they just can’t rely on Jay Cutler anymore. Kizer has plenty of tools and could very well be the QB this Bears team it needs and deserves.
4. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS – Dalvin Cook RB, FSU
This may shock some people for various reasons. One there is higher rated defensive prospects available and some don’t see Cook as the top RB. To me he is, because he is a complete back. He’d take a ton of pressure off of Blake Bortles and make this entire offense work much more fluently.
5. TENNESEE TITANS (FROM SH!TTY RAMS) – Jamal Adams S, LSU
The Titans could go a few ways here but ultimately go with this young stud for their secondary. Adams and Byard give the Titans one of the best young safety tandems in the league.
6. NEW YORK JETS – Malik Hooker S, Ohio St.
The Jets have plenty of holes to fill and ironically enough get a guy named Hooker. He can help solidify the backend of the Jets defense.
7. LA CHARGERS – Tim Williams OLB, Alabama
The Chargers were hoping for one of the top safeties but instead get a pass rusher to help a defense that needs plenty of it.
8.CAROLINA PANTHERS – Solomon Thomas DE, Stanford
The Panthers defense took a step backwards a year ago. They are hoping Solomon can make them take two steps ahead in 2017.
9. CINCINNATI BENGALS – Jonathan Allen DE, Alabama
The Bengals simply grab BPA and are quite happy with their acqusition.
10. BUFFALO BILLS – Mike Williams WR, Clemson
The Bills offense needs more weapons and pairing this massive target with an even massiver catch radius, with Sammy Watkins will make life much easier for whoever is under center next season.
11. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS – Marshon Lattimore CB, Ohio St.
The Saints need a talent upgrade at CB. Marshon gives them just that.
12. CLEVELAND BROWNS (FROM EAGLES) – DeShaun Watson QB, Clemson
This is the ideal situation for the Browns. They get the best player in the Draft at pick one and still get a talented QB prospect to build their offense around with the 12th pick.
13. ARIZONA CARDINALS – OJ Howard TE, Alabama
The Cardinals have had plenty of top notch wide receivers but always seem to have lackluster tight ends. That trend stops with the addition of OJ.
14. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS – Leonard Fournette RB, LSU
The Colts need to take some pressure off of Andrew Luck and the passing game. The best way to do that would be by adding the hard nosed running of Leonard Fournette.
15. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (FROM VIKINGS) – Corey Davis WR, Western Michigan
This is by no means an original thought, but Davis would be a welcome addition for Wentz and the Eagles offense.
16. BALTIMORE RAVENS – John Ross WR, Washington
With Steve Smith retiring, wide receiver will jump to the top of the Ravens needs list.
17. WASHINGTON REDSKINS – Malik McDowell DT, Michigan St.
Not sure where the Skins would end up playing him, but he’s too good for them to pass on here.
18. TENNESSEE TITANS – Derek Barnett DE, Tennessee
The Titans could use some help getting after the QB and Barnett will do just that very thing.
19. TAMPA BAY BUCS – Zac Cunningham OLB, Vanderbilt
The Bucs were hoping for one of the backs to fall but are okay with this consolation prize. Cunningham makes the Bucs linebacking trifecta of terror complete.
20. DENVER BRONCOS – Cam Robinson OT, Alabama
The Broncos need to solidify that offensive line. Cam Robinson’s checkered past seems to be a non issue these days and he could be the first tackle off the board this April.
21. DETROIT LIONS – Marlon Humphrey CB, Alabama
The Lions hope they’ve found a corner who is as talented as their top man Darius Slay.
22. MIAMI DOLPHINS – Jabril Peppers S, Michigan
The Dolphins need more playmakers on defense, and while it is a fair question to ask where Peppers will end up, it’s not fair to question his talent.
23. NEW YORK GIANTS – Rueben Foster LB, Alabama
The Giants could beef up their offensive line or they could get a studly linebacker like Rueben. This mock they go with the sandwich.
24. OAKLAND RAIDERS – Carlos Watkins DT, Clemson
I’m just not in love with the Raiders group of defensive tackles.
25. HOUSTON TEXANS – Ryan Ramczyk OT, Wisconsin
The Texans tackles are aging like Benjamin Button in reverse.
26. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS – Dan Feeney G, Indiana
The Seahawks improve their offensvie line because it was ultimately their downfall.
27. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS – Teez Tabor CB, Florida
The Chiefs upgrade their secondary with Teez “Nuts” Tabor. That puts a couple of big time playmakers at opposing corner positions.
28. DALLAS COWBOYS – Taco Charlton DE, Michigan
The Cowboys secondary was better than I thought’d be, but they still need a pass rusher. So why not get one named Taco?
29. GREEN BAY PACKERS – Christian McCaffery RB, Stanford
Adding this versatile weapon to the Packers offense is a scary thought. So is anything green and gold related actually.
30. PITTSBURGH STEELERS – Obi Melifonwu S, UCONN
The Steelers get a big nasty enforcer for their secondary and a guy whose stock is sure to rise post Combine.
31. ATLANTA FALCONS – Sidney Jones CB, Washington
I’ll never understand why the Falcons didn’t just run the ball 3 times and kick the field goal after that Jones catch.
32. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS – Takkarist McKinely OLB, UCLA
The Patriots replenish their pass rushing cupboard here with the Takkarist.