UPDATED: April 25th
2017 NFL Draft Projections
FROM A CORNER OF THE LIVING ROOM SOMEWHERE ON 4TH AVE…
LUPAGUS PRESENTS HIS FINAL OFFICIAL MOCK DRAFT OF THE 2017 DRAFTSEASON!
I Think I’ll Call This Version….. Florence
1. CLEVELAND BROWNS – Myles Garrett DE, Texas A&M
Garrett is going to be the pick here. If he isn’t, I’ll post a video of me tucking while I sing the song from Moana.
2. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS – Solomon Thomas DE, Stanford
I actually like the 9ers current d-ends of DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead, but Thomas is too good to pass up here. He isn’t just an end and can be utilized rushing the passer standing up or in a 3 point stance.
3. CHICAGO BEARS – DeShaun Watson QB, Clemson
I’m buying into the rumors. Supposedly the Bears are in love with Watson. Either i’m gonna look retarded or like a genius here.
4. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS – Leonard Fournette RB, LSU
The Jags have addressed the defense the last couple of Drafts, and his year they go back to upgrading the offensive side of the ball. Fournette is a powerful back who can take loads of pressure off the face of Blake Bortles.
5. TENNESEE TITANS (FROM RAMS) – Jamal Adams S, LSU
The Titans dream scenario unfolds and they get the man they’ve always wanted. Adams is a complete safety and could be one of the best in the league in a season or three.
6. NEW YORK JETS – Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC
The Jets quarterback situation is scary as there just isn’t much there to get excited about. They ultimately take Trubes though Marshon Lattimore and OJ Howard are real possibilities.
7. LA CHARGERS – Malik Hooker S, Ohio St.
The Chargers finally found the successor to Eric Weddle. And another Hooker now roams the streets of L.A.
8.CAROLINA PANTHERS – Christian McCaffery RB, Stanford
The Panthers wanted Fournette and who knows, maybe they’ll move up to get him. But McCaffery has been getting a ton of buzz lately and it isn’t out of the question that he cracks the top ten.
9. CINCINNATI BENGALS – Jonathan Allen DT/DE, Alabama
Allen is a top five talent, but concerns about his shoulder could cause him to slide down the board a bit. The Bengals would be ecstatic to get him here and probably started the rumors about his injury.
10. BUFFALO BILLS – Mike Williams WR, Clemson
The Bills pair the big Williams with Sammy Watkins and now Tyrod Taylor could have a monster season tossing the football around.
11. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS – Marshon Lattimore CB, Ohio St.
The Saints could definitely take OJ Howard here and make their offense even potenter. But instead they finally address their defense and get the best corner in the Draft.
12. CLEVELAND BROWNS (FROM EAGLES) – OJ Howard TE, Alabama
The Browns were hoping for a QB but that didn’t happen. Still, a haul of Myles Garrett and OJ Howard is pretty damn good.
13. ARIZONA CARDINALS – Corey Davis WR, Western Michigan
The Cardinals need some new blood at WR with Larry Fitz getting up there, John Brown regressing, and Michael Floyd now in New England.
14. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (FROM VIKINGS) – Hasson Reddick OLB, Temple
The Eagles go with Reddick who is one of the best sideline to sideline linebackers in the Draft and a star in the making.
15. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS – Derek Barnett DE/OLB, Tennessee
The Colts improve their pass rush with this explosive sack master from the Rocky Top.
16. BALTIMORE RAVENS – John Ross WR, Washington
The Ravens need more receivers and Ross is one of the fastest men on the planet. He’d be a great down field threat for Joe Flacco and the Ravens offense.
17. WASHINGTON REDSKINS – Dalvin Cook RB, FSU
I know there are rumblings that Cook will fall, but his talent is undeniable. He’d be a nice fit in Washington and a great safety valve for Kirk Cousins.
18. TENNESSEE TITANS – David Njoku TE, Miami
This may surprise people but fact is Delaine Walker is 32 years old. Njoku is every bit an athletic specimen as OJ Howard, and can become a serious weapon for Marcus Mariota and the entire Titans offense.
19. TAMPA BAY BUCS – Takkarist McKinley OLB, UCLA
This is probably a worst case scenario for the Bucs as the running backs, tight ends, and Reddick are all picked clean. McKinely is a step down from Reddick but still has plenty of talent and should make his impact felt from day one.
20. DENVER BRONCOS – Taco Charlton DE, Michigan
The Broncos could use some youth at defensive end. So they take Charlton and now have Taco Tuesday every night of the week.
21. DETROIT LIONS – Rueben Foster LB, Alabama
The Lions know this guy has issues, but can’t pass up the talent. He’s simply one of the best defensive players in the Draft, the team will have to babysit him closely but he could pay dividends.
22. MIAMI DOLPHINS – Forrest Lamp G, Western Kentucky
The Dolphins have a wee hole at guard and Lamp fills that need so damn well.
23. NEW YORK GIANTS – Garrett Bolles OT, Utah
The Giants could beef up their offensive line with the 23rd pick and Bolles would be a great way to go.
24. OAKLAND RAIDERS – Gareon Conley CB, Ohio St.
The Raiders could add some depth in the secondary and are very happy to see Conley still on the board.
25. HOUSTON TEXANS – Pat Mahomes QB, Texas Tech
I’m not a big of fan as some folks I know, but the Texans traded away Osweiler for nothing so they got to be feeling somewhat desperate. Also there are rumblings that Bill O’Brien loves this kid.
26. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS – Ryan Ramczyk OT, Wisconsin
The Seahawks improve their offensvie line because it was ultimately their downfall.
27. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS – Kevin King CB, Colorado
With the receivers and ball slingers picked clean, the Chiefs upgrade their back end here.
28. DALLAS COWBOYS – Charles Harris DE, Mizzou
The Cowboys have got to improve their pass rush, and do it with explosive penetrator from Missouri.
29. GREEN BAY PACKERS – Marlon Humphrey CB, Alabama
The Packers secondary gave up like 1,000 passing yards in the NFC Title Game. And they lost a few players since then. They got to bring in some talent at corner this Draft.
30. PITTSBURGH STEELERS – Obi Melifonwu S, UCONN
The Steelers get a big nasty enforcer for their secondary and a guy whose stock is sure to rise post Combine.
31. ATLANTA FALCONS – Jabrill Peppers S/LB, Michigan
I’ll never understand why the Falcons didn’t just run the ball 3 times and kick the field goal after that Jones catch.
32. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (From Pats) – Zach Cunningham LB, Vanderbilt
The Saints go defense again and get a well rounded linebacker here.