Updated Feb 17th, 2017
Ultimate mock draft consists of Onebar and Lupagus putting their brains together and rotating picks as they make their way through the 1st round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
1. Cleveland Browns (Lupagus) – Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Unless the Browns fall in love with a QB, Garrett will be the pick. Hopefully for the team, he doesn’t turn into the next Courtney Brown.
2. San Francisco 49ers (Onebar) – Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
I have the 9ers passing on a quarterback and continuing to add to an up and coming young defensive front. Adding Allen who could end up being the best in ‘17 with the likes of Armstead and Buckner … would be terrifying.
3. Chicago Bears (Lupags) Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC
The Bears are gonna let Cutler go and don’t have much of anything behind him. Trubisky has great size and plenty of arm strength, and is widely regarded as the top QB prospect this year. It all makes sense.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars (Onebar) – Leonard Fournette RB, LSU
The Jags have swung and missed at running back in the past, but Fournette is the bruiser and playmaker they need. Will only help the needed development of Bortles.
5. Tennessee Titans (from Rams) (Lupagus) – Jamal Adams S, LSU
The Titans are and up and coming team. Adding a talented piece to their secondary like Jam Adams could make them the favorites in the AFC South.
6. New York Jets (Onebar) – Malik Hooker S, Ohio State
Anytime you get a player who has been compared to Ed Reed at pick #6 you are making a good pick.
7. San Diego Chargers (Lupagus) – Mike Williams WR, Clemson
With both the safeties off the board the Chargers go to plan B. They take this big bodied receiver with catch radius the size of the moon, making Philip Rivers giggle with glee.
8. Carolina Panthers (Onebar) – Dalvin Cook RB, Florida St.
Cam Newton gets a new toy in Cook, who is a playmaker that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball. Would be a great combo with the aging but still productive Stewart.
9. Cincinnati Bengals (Lupagus) – Solomon Thomas DE, Stanford
The Bengals defense needs to improve across the board. A good way to get quick results is to improve the pass rush and that is what the team does here with Thomas.
10. Buffalo Bills (Onebar) – Pat Mahomes QB, Texas Tech
Mahomes stock is rising and will continue to, with Tyrod Taylor out of the picture the Bills are almost forced to take the best quarterback on the board at pick 10.
11. New Orleans Saints (Lupagus) – Marshon Lattimore CB, Ohio St.
The Saints should go defense with this pick, the only question is what position do they address. Lattimore is a highly regarded corner who could start immediately.
12. Cleveland Browns (from PHI) (Onebar) – DeShone Kizer QB, Notre Dame
Still not 100% sold Kizer goes this high, but I like him better than Watson at this point and no doubt the Browns need to get a quarterback.
13. Arizona Cardinals (Lupagus) – OJ Howard TE, Alabama
The Cardinals could roll with DeShaun Watson here, but I think they still believe their Super Bowl window is open, so they take one more weapon to help get them over the hump.
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from MN) (Onebar) – Corey Davis WR, Western Michigan
Philly needs more weapons at receiver, Davis could come in day 1 and compete to be the number 1 receiver on an Eagles team with Matthews, Green-Beckham and Agholor.
15. Indianapolis Colts (Lupagus) – Jabrill Peppers S, Michigan
The Colts take the uber talented Peppers here and now just have to figure out where to play him.
16. Baltimore Ravens (Onebar) – Marlon Humphrey CB, Alabama
No doubt the Ravens will be looking for help early in the draft at corner, Humphrey is all over draft boards but look for him to make a big surge in the coming months.